Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sea Salt Steak Fries

Once again, during one of my earlier posts, I had posted these fries with "sliders" but my earlier filing system was a little confusing. Since I happened to make these again recently, I figured they deserved a picture of their own. AND, since I recently learned that one of my daughters friends thought that french fries only came frozen in a bag, I had to set the record straight! These are SO easy to make and take even less time than cooking frozen fries in the oven. Though I'm sure the extra grease doesn't bode well (which is why I opt for Canola vs. Vegetable oil), it won't hurt you every once in a while and they do taste 10x better than frozen!  

Sea Salt Steak Fries
6 Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/2" strips
1"-2" Canola Oil, for frying
Sea Salt, as desired

In a large, deep frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook approximately 6-8 minutes; until they start to turn golden brown. Flip the potatoes over and cook another 6-8 minutes. Drain cooked potatoes on a brown paper bag (helps remove more of the excess grease) and sprinkle with salt. 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. All things in moderation... love em! and occasionally worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis