Pages

Stay Connected

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Cupcakes with Apple Cinnamon Whipped Cream

Ok, I normally DO NOT BAKE! There I said it big and loud. BUT, when I saw these ice cream cupcakes on the Desserts in My Kitchen blog by Cheryl Davis, I had to try them! One. They only contained 3 ingredients...seriously! Two. I was looking for a dessert idea for our next Bunco gathering which I happen to be hosting next month. My theme is going to be Apples. I know. A little bit odd for a theme, but what else is there really in September besides Back to School  or football (um...no thanks).  For those of you who do not know what Bunco is, it is a dice game, played generally by 12 women(in my experience anyway..I've never actually have seen a man play the game unless you want to count "Brad" our Kung Fu Panda Shi Fu character stuffed animal that had to fill in as a substitute a few months ago because we were lacking players...don't ask!). Anyway, with the theme, we try to incorporate specialty drinks, food and desserts into the evening to change it up each month. I thought these cupcakes would be simple enough to make but wanted to add a little twist to Cheryl's recipe to incorporate my theme. I also wanted to do a trial run, just in case they weren't what I had anticipated. These cupcakes were simple to make and tasted incredible! You can use any type of ice cream you wish but I chose Vanilla Bean. For the icing, you can even go an easier route than whipping up your own cream by using Redi Whip or Cool Whip for a quick snack children and adults will love. The only disappointing part is having to wait another month to try these again!


Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Cupcakes with Apple Cinnamon Whipped Cream
2 Cups Edy's® Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, slightly melted
1 1/2 Cups Sifted Self Rising Flour
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
Apple Cinnamon Whipped Cream(see below)
Cinnamon, garnish


Mix the ice cream until it is creamy. Add the flour and sugar and mix well. Do not over mix. Pour into cupcake pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back when you touch them. Let cool and add whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate or serve immediately. Makes 8 cupcakes.


Apple Cinnamon Whipped Cream
1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 tsp. DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker(or any other type of apple liquor)
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Confectioners Sugar
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract


Add all ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix all ingredients on high speed until the cream forms stiff peaks. 


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! I love the twist! This one sounds awesome. I am glad you like the recipe, as it is so simple to make :) I know, when I made mine I was shocked on how easy it was to make, and the taste was perfect. Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis