Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

As much as my kids enjoy trying all of my daily experiments, my oldest daughter hasn't been feeling well and wanted what she calls "normal" food for dinner the other night. To her, that means breaded chicken cutlets with bruschetta on top. I didn't have enough tomatoes on hand, so I asked them if Chicken Parmesan would be ok and they agreed.n Believe it or not, I can honestly say this was only about the third time I've made it in the last 15 years. I don't know why, it is very good, but when I'm in the mood for anything parmesan, it's going to be my eggplant! 


Chicken Parmesan
1 1/2 lb. Boneless Chicken Breasts, sliced horizontally and pounded into 3oz. portions
1 c. All-Purpose Flour
Egg Wash=2 Eggs + 1 tbsp. 2% Milk
1 c. Italian Flavored Breadcrumbs
1/2-3/4 c. Canola Oil, for frying
3 c. Prepared Marinara Sauce
1 1/2 c. Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese


After slicing the chicken, you should have approximately 9 pieces. Prepare three separate bowls. One for the flour. One for the egg wash. One for the breadcrumbs. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the oil. Next, dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg wash then into the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all pieces are coated. Add the breaded chicken to the pan and cook on both sides until well browned. Drain on paper towels or paper bags to remove excess oil; repeat for all pieces. Add a ladle full of sauce to the bottom of an oven safe dish (approx. 9x13) and add the chicken. Top each piece with sauce, then the cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serves 9. 


Points+=9
(Oil based on 1/2 c. though you might need more to fry, there will be some leftover)


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis