Pages

Stay Connected

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti

I thought I was done with baking for a while after the holidays but I needed to make a dozen bake sale items to sell for my daughters school function last weekend. And for me, nothing is easier to pull together last minute than biscotti. Since I had to make some anyway, I decided to experiment with a different kind and these did not disappoint!

Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs
1 c. Dried Cranberries
1 c. White Chocolate Chips 

In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract and eggs. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, mixing well. Next fold in the cranberries and chocolate. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is no longer sticky, then form a 12" long log and flatten down so that it is no higher than 1". Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, add the dough and bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool, then slice diagonally into 1/2" slices and put them back on the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 10 minutes per side and remove from oven. Let cool and allow to harden before serving. Makes 2dz. 

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. love biscotti, never have tried white chocolate b/f my kids will devour these.
    http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummilicious!! Wanna grab it right from the screen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, these look amazing! I love biscotti!

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, these look great and I'll bet tasty, I'll find out soon. Added to my "must make" list and pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone, they were REALLY good! I hope you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis