Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, March 23, 2012

Week 11: Seafood Frenzy Friday


Welcome to Week 11 of Seafood Frenzy Friday where I select seafood recipes around 'foodie land' to showcase for all of you since I don't eat any fish myself.  Today I have ten new recipes for you to try. Simply click on the name of the recipe underneath the picture to be taken to the author's original post. 

I've also created a board on Pinterest called CEK's Seafood Frenzy Friday's and have posted each week separately...all in one place for you to access (you do have to follow my board in order to access it)! Now you can pin it, share it, comment, whatever you'd like. The link takes you back to my original post where you can click on each recipe individually and be taken to the original author. Happy Pinning!  
Enjoy!

Shrimp Tips: 
Click on this link from The Huffington Post on How to Prepare and Devein Shrimp, including a 5 Step tutorial.  

Buying Tips
When you buy your fresh shrimp, get it home as soon as possible and keep it over a bowl of ice in the refrigerator until you're ready to cook with it.
For Frozen Shrimp
If you're using frozen shrimp in the bulk bag, then remove the amount of shrimp you need a day beforehand to allow it to defrost in the refrigerator overnight. For a quicker method, you can place the frozen shrimp in a resealable bag and submerge it in a cold water bath until it's defrosted (it takes about one hour for one pound of shrimp to defrost).
Cleaning Tips
Most shrimp sold in the supermarket is already cleaned and possibly deveined. But now and then you may find shrimp sold uncleaned -- it's also cheaper. Or, if you're making a great seafood soup, you may want to buy the shrimp with the shells and heads still attached, so you can use it for the stock.
Handling Tips
When you're working with shrimp, make sure to keep them cold and put them back in the refrigerator if you're not using them immediately. When deveining, be sure to use your knife carefully or use a deveining tool.

Sumptuous Spoonfuls


Mia's Domain

The Bite Sized Blog

Rich and Sweet

Katie's Cucina

The Pioneer Woman

Sunday at the Giacometti's

ChinDeep

Skinnytaste

Jo Cooks

Speaking of shrimp, I thought I'd share one of my own recipes that I created several months ago for a Chopped Challenge held at Baking Bad's website(for all of you new people that probably didn't see it yet!). I personally didn't eat this (and the sauce I made wasn't that great, BUT the shrimp itself got RAVE reviews from my family, including my Mom and her husband who were in visiting at the time. 
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen



6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis