Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Portobello Mushroom, Zucchini and Sage Risotto-Guest Blogger at A Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis

Today I'm honored to be a Guest Blogger at A Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis where I shared my newest recipe for this Portobello Mushroom, Zucchini and Sage Risotto



I love risotto and realized that I hadn't made one in a while and this one was certainly worth the wait! This dish was deliciously creamy, not overly rich and contained many of my favorite flavors all in one. Head on over to check out the recipe and be prepared to stay awhile because Chef Dennis has so many AMAZING recipes of his own, just tell him I sent you! 

And now a little bit about my gracious host...

Chef Dennis, as he's known both at work and across the blogsphere, is an Executive Chef, Culinary Instructor, Recipe Developer and an Award Winning Food Blogger and Photographer and all around nice guy. I'm sure you've seen some of his work here on my weekly Seafood Frenzy Friday segments as I've shared several of his delectable seafood dishes throughout the year. But what you might not know is that he's also been one of the driving forces behind Google+, the G+ Food Bloggers Community and Hangouts with topics that range from How to Bake with King Arthur Flour to Food Photography to How to Work with Brands. 


If you haven't signed up for Google+ yet, run don't walk! It's very user friendly, well that is if you take the time to view helpful videos like this one called How to Use Google+-Circles, Posting Etiquette and Food Bloggers. 

Even if you're not a blogger, Google+ is the "up and coming" site for social media. Think Facebook with Skype, Instagram and Twitter combined. I've learned so much in a short period of time, it's just finding the right balance of time in my day to really hone in on all of G+'s capabilities. You can find us both on G+ as +Carrie Farias and +Chef Dennis LittleyStop by to say hello and sign up for G+ if you haven't already to see what all the fun is about! 


2 comments:

  1. Carrie, I enjoyed your guest post on Chef Dennis' blog. Risotto is one of those "good for you" comfort foods (in my book), especially "lightened up" with your veggie version. (Just got done reading your Mediterranean diet post, too -- three cheers for eating foods that bring pleasure, especially in the company of loved ones!)

    Thanks, too, for including the HOA above -- wasn't able to watch it "on air" at the time, but I'm thankful for all the helpful hints on G+. I totally agree with your summary of Chef Dennis! Thanks again for a delightful recipe and post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Kim and I try to lighten things up as much as I can without losing the flavor. I have a hard time with watching the HOA's live as well and his tips on G+ really do help. Thanks for stopping by and have a good week.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis