Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Greek Style Sausage & Chick Peas


I recently received the latest Williams-Sonoma catalog in the mail and I love to peruse it each month to see what new kitchen gadgets they have; as well as look to find some new recipe inspiration. This time I found a recipe for Chick Peas with Lemon, Oregano and Olives that looked wonderful. So I decided to give it a little twist. 

The day before we had grilled some sausage and had two links left over. I sliced them up, added in some chick peas, Kalamata olives, lemon and seasonings and turned it into a satisfying stand-alone meal. To me, leftovers always taste better when you can repurpose them into something else! 


Greek Style Sausage & Chick Peas
Inspired by Williams-Sonoma Chick Peas with Lemon, Oregano and Olives

Prep Time: 10 minutes                                   Yield: 3

Cook Time: 30 minutes                                  Serving: 3/4 cup
Total Time: 40 minutes


Ingredients
  • 2 Italian Sausage Links, grilled and sliced diagonally into 1/4" thick slices
  • 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1-15oz. Can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 Lemon, zest and juice
  • 1 Garlic Clove, minced
  • 1/4 c. Kalamata Olives, chopped
  • 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano, chopped (you can use 1 tsp. fresh chopped oregano)
  • Kosher Salt, to taste
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Directions
  1.  Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan; then add in the sausage. Allow to brown on both sides approximately 3-5 minutes. 
  2. Add in the chick peas, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olives, parsley and oregano. Saute for approximately 5 minutes until heated through; then season with salt and pepper. 
Nutrition Facts
Calories 277 , Carbs 24.7g, Fat 12.2g, Protein 15.2g, Fiber 7.5g, Sugar 0.5g

*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 

Enjoy! 

6 comments:

  1. This had my mouth watering at 6:30 a.m.!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help Michael Ann! It really was a great way to repurpose a small quantity of food.

      Delete
  2. What I love about your post is the presence of the Nutrition Facts! I think I better try this dish for my partner since he really loves sausages. Well, I’m also fond of eating sausages and I know that this dish can be one that we can enjoy together. I just hope that I can make this as tasty as possible. :D

    -Dione Nye-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'm sure you'll both love it Dione~Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Michael Ann--this has my mouth watering at 11:45 pm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis