Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Herb Creamed Spinach (Family Favorites)

The next recipe I wanted to revisit from the cookbook for my Family Favorites theme was this Herb Creamed Spinach. My kids LOVE creamed spinach; however, my husband can't eat the store bought variety that comes in the frozen section. His tongue starts to swell so I think there must be something in there that he is allergic to. 

I actually prefer this variation better as it has that extra garlicky flavor. This vegetable goes perfectly with just about any main entree you're serving or you can mix it in with your favorite pasta too.  Your family (or guests) will think you were slaving in the kitchen for hours, but don't tell them how easy it really was and maybe they'll offer to do the dishes! :)

Herb Creamed Spinach

Prep Time:  10 minutes                        Yield: 4
Cook Time:   7 minutes                         Serving: 3oz.
Total Time:  17 minutes
Ingredients
  • 1-10-oz. pkg. Frozen Chopped Spinach
  • 6 Large White Mushrooms, sliced into 1/4” slices
  • 2 tsp. Canola Oil
  • 3 tbsp. Alouette® Light Garlic and Herb Cheese Spread
  • 1/4 c. Dry White Wine
  • 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • Kosher Salt, to taste
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Directions
  1. Defrost spinach and drain excess liquid.
  2. In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat the oil and add the mushrooms. Sauté until they soften; then add the remaining ingredients.
  3. Mix well and simmer over low heat until most of the liquid has been absorbed. 
Nutrition Facts
Calories 90 , Carbs 5.8g, Fat 4g, Protein 4.6g, Fiber 3g, Sugar 1.6g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 

Enjoy! 

You can find this recipe for Herb Creamed Spinachalong with 180 other recipes in my cookbook available at many online retailers like AmazonBN.com and IndieBound. 

Signed copies or a hardcover versions available, email carrieexpktchn (at) optonline (dot) net for more information.  


Purchase cookbook for that special person in your life!
  • Father's Day
  • Your favorite Graduate (they will have to learn to cook for themselves eventually!)
  • Birthday's
  • Anniversaries
  • Wedding or Bridal Shower
  • Or anyone just looking for some new inspiration in the kitchen! 

Speaking of family favorites....
I'm a Great Aunt! Congratulations to my nephew, Greg and his wife, Jess on their first born. Brayden James was born Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 at 4:02pm, weighed 4lbs. 14oz. and 19" long. <3


3 comments:

  1. Alouette! Jaunty alouette! Sorry, Carrie, I got carried away. I've got a goal of making my own Alouette with fresh herbs from my CSA farm share, when it starts up, so I'm delighted to see a use for it (other than crackers, since we slather it on crackers here). I grew up loving my mom's creamed spinach, but have not yet gotten my kids to love mine. Someday.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I was waiting for someone to start singing and here you are! lol I use it also to stuff mushrooms, chicken or steak. It would also work well with fish, but since I don't eat seafood, I couldn't say for sure. :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting. Mr. Hungry Couple LOVES creamed spinach so I try to indulge him once in a while and it's nice to have new ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis