This salad was refreshingly light with a hint of sweetness and was also really quick and easy to make. It went perfectly with some Grilled Honey Dijon Chicken; which I'll have to make again because my official taste testers were extremely hungry and ate the chicken before I had the chance to photograph it! =)
Corn and Peach Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes Yield: 8
Cook Time: 8 minutes Servings: 1/2 cup
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 4 Ears of Fresh Corn on the Cob, cooked
- 2 Peaches (or nectarines), rinsed, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Canola Oil
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- Shuck the corn removing all of the hairs and place in a large pot. Add cold water and bring to a boil over high heat; then reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the pot and allow to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, hold the corn upright on a flat surface(cutting board works fine) and cut off the kernels by slicing the knife downward.
- Place the kernels in a bowl and add the peaches, basil vinegar and oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories 57, Carbs 10.1g, Fat 2g, Protein 1.2g, Fiber 1.3g, Sugar 3.9g